Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Looks


This image is at least two years old, Spring 2012 from Toast. I loved it at the time and I love it now. It is exactly how I would like to be. We have had two days this week when we have been able to dress down for work. I sought this picture out for inspiration. 
I love dressing for spring days; the sunny, bright days with a slight chill in the air. Dressing that requires layers and new fabrics, linens and cottons along with wool and denim. New colours too, navy rather than black and yellow, stripes and grey. Oh how I love these beautiful days. 

4 comments:

  1. The colours in the picture are so restful! I have to say that wearing what I like is lovely, but I would like to have a reason to dress up more - says the person who is wedded to her jeans!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spring weather is very welcome and it's nice to get a splash of colour back into our lives. I am enjoying your words and photos - I can't remember how I came across your blog but it's lovely to meet you!
    Best wishes, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed - spring in the air is the best feeling I know.
    In regards to the lovely pic, a friend used to rip out pictures from catalogues and annotate them to pick apart all the things that she wanted to be. In this one I see - calm, serene, arty & creative, & clearly living somewhere not freezing. I think you can be all of those things! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here here to all of the above ! I love that image too, its kind of timeless isn't it.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment - I read every one and just love getting them xxx